Startup Steroid is a platform that streamlines the process by which early-stage investors meet with and make investments in startups.
Revision Date 01-01-2022
Startup Steroid is a deal flow platform which provides startup founders to create their profile and upload their company information, and provides investors ability to view the information as a part of their startup evaluation and investment process. The sole purpose of the platform is to enable the exchange of the information between startups.
• On the Startup Steroid Platform;
• In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and Startup Steroid, on the Startup Steroid Platform or otherwise; and
• Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Startup Steroid or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
• Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Startup Steroid Platform.
What is “personal data”?
“Personal data” is any data that (1) is recorded in any form, (2) is about or pertains to a specific individual and (3) can be linked to that individual. For example, and without limitation, your first and last names, address, email address, telephone number, and other contact information, and the deals in which you have participated are “personal data.”
What kind of personal data is collected?
We collect personal data at different stages of your use of the Startup Steroid Platform.
When you visit Startup Steroid.com– If you visit StartupSteroid.com or our white label instances on ssdspv.com or use an interface which interacts with Startup Steroid.com, whether or not you sign-in as a registered user, we collect your IP address, the location of your Internet Service Provider, the type and version of Internet browser that you are using, and the website from which you came. We also collect information regarding your site usage, such as the time spent on a page and the number of pages you viewed.
When you interact with the Startup Steroid Platform –We also collect personal data that you provide when you interact with the Startup Steroid Platform such as, for example, by sending a message or uploading documents, or when exchanging correspondence with us such as through emails.
When you use your account – We collect information that you provide or create when you use your account:
• If you are an Investor: you may provide information about yourself, such as your contact information, picture, bio, experience, or Organizations to which you belong. While the Organization’s name will be made public, no investor information will be publicly disclosed.
• If you are an entrepreneur: and you represent a company that is seeking investors, you may provide information about yourself, your company, and your company’s management team including but not limited to financial statements, pitch decks, offering documents, and other trade secrets. You may also provide video recordings or pictures. All information you put onto the Startup Steroid Platform is confidential unless you decide to share any of it, with the exception of basic application information, which will only be confidential if you opt out of disclosing such information to accelerators.
How is personal data collected?
We collect personal data directly from you when you provide it through your use of the Startup Steroid Platform, such as in emails or when you fill out forms that are displayed on the Startup Steroid Platform.
For what purpose will my personal data be used?
Startup Steroid uses your personal data to maintain your account and to provide you with the group and deal-flow management and other services offered on the Startup Steroid Platform. We also use your personal data to respond to requests that you make of us, and to contact you and to provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you.
We may also use your name and contact information to make queries to social networking and other sites, such as LinkedIn, for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to, verifying your identity, and showing you how you are linked or connected to other individuals who are also Startup Steroid users.
Your personal data may also be shared with companies in the Startup Steroid family of companies or to third parties as described below.
Can third parties see my personal data?
• If you are an investor- The Startup Steroid Platform allows the administrator of an investment group on the Startup Steroid Platform (“Organization Administrator”) the ability to set certain settings in the profile of the investor members of the Organization. The Organization Administrator decides which information is available for access or review by entrepreneurs and/or other investor members of the Organization according to the policies of the Organization. Please note that(1) the default settings that are set by an Organization Administrator may change from time to time; (2) each Organization may opt for different default settings. While the Startup Steroid Platform includes initial defaults, Startup Steroid has no control over the choice of a setting or the change in a default setting by an Organization’s Administrator.
• If you are an entrepreneur- If you are an entrepreneur and you have posted or uploaded information about you and/or your team, this information is disclosed to the Organizations to whom you have chosen to disclose the information.
With whom may Startup Steroid share personal data?
Under certain business or legal conditions, Startup Steroid may have to disclose your personal data to others as follows:
• Within the Startup Steroid organization – Startup Steroid may now or in the future have a parent, subsidiary or related company or companies within the Startup Steroid family of companies. Startup Steroid has the right to share all personal data with all such affiliated companies.
• Service Providers – Startup Steroid may engage other companies and individuals to perform necessary business functions on behalf of Startup Steroid (e.g. customer service or email provider). If it is necessary to perform these functions, these companies or individuals may have access to personal data of our users. These service providers have agreed not to use the personal data for any other purpose other than providing the required services
• Legally Required Disclosure –Under certain circumstances, disclosure of your personal data may be required by law. Startup Steroid may disclose your personal data (1) if, in its own best judgment, it is required by law to do so in order to comply with a facially valid judicial or governmental subpoena, warrant, bankruptcy proceedings, or other order, or (2) to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information, or (3) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud.
Can I access or change my personal data?
Upon request Startup Steroid will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your personal data changes, you may correct, update, or amend by making the change on our member information page or by emailing our Customer Support at [email protected] or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below. If you wish to delete/remove/deactivate your profile, remove your testimonial from our site, or opt out of sharing basic application information, please email us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
For auditing and security purposes, Startup Steroid keeps a log of all users’ activities, which is retained in its archives as necessary for Startup Steroid to fulfill its obligations. Users may have access to the personal data that pertain to them. However, because the administrative and technical burden associated with the retrieval of these archived data is substantial, Startup Steroid charges a fee for this effort in a manner that is consistent with its actual cost. In addition, each user’s right of access may be limited to the extent that providing access might infringe on a third party’s privacy rights. Requests for access to this archived information are handled on a case-by-case basis, after Startup Steroid has verified the identity of the requestor. Inquiries should be made as provided in the section.
You can delete any personal data that is recorded in the profile that you create for yourself as an investor or for your company, or as an entrepreneur.
We display video testimonials of Investors and entrepreneurs on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your video testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at [email protected].
Sign up invitations
If you choose to invite a user to our platform, we will ask you for a name and email address. We will automatically send your invite a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Startup Steroid stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of invites claimed. Your invitee may contact us at [email protected] to request that we remove this information from our database.
Cookies and other Tracking
Startup Steroid uses ‘cookies.’ A cookie is a small amount of data sent to a user’s web browser from a web server, which is then stored on the user’s hard drive. Cookies are used to make site navigation easier, and can help recognize a returning visitor. Startup Steroid’s cookies do not generate any personal data, do not read personal data from your computer, and are not tied to any personal data. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies, or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the sites that you visit. If you decide not to accept our cookies, some or all features of the site may not be available because navigation on the site is facilitated by cookies. You can delete cookies from your computer at any time.
Various Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use the Startup Steroid Platform, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends out whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.) and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other similar information.
What security measures are in place to protect my personal data?
Startup Steroid uses physical, technical, and administrative procedures in order to safeguard and protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, while we do our best to implement reasonable security measures, we do not guarantee that our safeguards will always work.
Startup Steroid uses industry-standard technological means to protect your personal data while in transit through the Internet. We use encryption and a comprehensive authentication protocol to provide reasonable security. However, please remember that no security system on the Internet is perfect. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at [email protected].
Startup Steroid may provide links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these sites. In order to safeguard your privacy, please review the privacy policies of any sites that you may visit before providing any personal data to these third party sites.
Limitation of Liability
Startup Steroid exercises reasonable efforts to safeguard the security and confidentiality of your personal data; however, transmissions protected by industry standard technology and administered by humans cannot be guaranteed to be secure. Startup Steroid will not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal data that occurs through no fault of Startup Steroid including, but not limited to, errors in transmission, access to your account by anyone using your user ID and password, your failure to comply with your security obligations, and the unauthorized acts of Startup Steroid’s employees.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Startup Steroid Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or write us at: Startup Steroid Deal Flow Inc., 6789 Quail Hill Pkwy, Suite 541, Irvine, California 92603.
You will have the right to terminate your account at any time.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
No action is taken in response to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. Although we use Google Analytics and other third party tracking tools for the Startup Steroid Platform, we are not aware if third parties collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities when a consumer uses the Site
Contacting Startup Steroid
Startup Steroid Deal Flow Inc. owns and operates the Startup Steroid.com and ssdspv.com website and the Startup Steroid Platform. Our mailing address is: Startup Steroid Deal Flow Inc., 6789 Quail Hill Pkwy, Suite 541, Irvine, California 92603.